Frusher on Radio, other news and upcoming reviews
My time has got away with me again. Where you should be reading about the latest food exploits around Nottinghamshire here’s what has been keeping me busy, as well as what’s upcoming at Frusher on Food.
- For those who follow me on Twitter and Facebook you will already have been bored with my posts about my appearance on BBC Nottingham. I had a few minutes where I talked mostly about the Bake Off and the newly opened Bar Iberico. I hope I will be invited back every few weeks so will keep you posted. If you want to have a listen my introduction comes in at around 9:40 – http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04430cr
- Something else exciting that I am a part of is The Great British Cookbook. It is in its 2nd year and has contributions from some of the countries top chefs. with 100% of the proceeds going to charity. My article gives an overview of the story of Camel Valley, the most award winning of the British vineyards. I’ll let you know when it comes out, it should be sometime within the next month
- Alex Bond who has been operating a supper club out of Wired Café will be opening his very own restaurant in Canning Circus. No official start date yet but with a CV including time at Sat Bains it is one I will be looking forward to
- Vegans and vegetarians out there will have been happy at the news about The Peacock. This pub on Mansfield Road is due to reopen after refurbishment with an entirely vegan menu! More choice for non-meat eaters is always positive in my book.
- What may be sad news for some was more positive for this food blogger. The company behind Frankie and Benny’s announced that profits were down. As a result they will be starting store closures over the coming months in a bid to offset losses. I won’t be sorry the back of this family trap, it amazes me that people seem to think has any redeeming qualities.
- Next up on the blog I venture out to Gunthorpe and try the popular Tom Browns. I also continue my search for a good Italian restaurant with La Capanna in Sherwood
- My “to-do” list then includes The Lace Market Hotel, Lime and Han Sofrasi to name but a few. Any suggestions, new and old, are welcome though!